Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Christmas Decor

It is a rainy day here on the coast.  The Christmas music is playing, and before I begin wrapping gifts…I thought I would spend some time with you today:)

The Christmas decor that I am sharing is what I call my, “Low cost, big impact” decorating.  We all love that:)!  And..you will see a theme.  I love graphics and if it has wording….oh yes!  So here goes…

pineconegraphics

I spent more money on this project than any project I will be posting about today.  I purchased the print (actually two prints) for, I believe, less than $10 from IKEA last summer. They offered it with framing, but I wanted to use one of my distressed, crackled frames with burlap matting.  This frame and matting were also used last month for our daughter’s wedding, so the benefits keep coming with this ensemble that was, originally, gleaned from a yard sale.  I love this graphic!  I have been collecting pine cone ornaments, wreaths, trees, etc. from yard sales for the past few years.  Here is a wreath that I white- washed….

pineconewreath

I think it looks fabulous hanging on my dining room chalkboard.  I cannot take credit for this idea..I saw something similar on Faded Charm Cottage’s  Pinterest site.  I just love her collection of Christmas ideas…check it out here.  Enjoy:)!

Moving on…

xmasvignette

I have already done a blog posting on this lamp.  You can find that prior posting here.  I have changed it up a bit since then with an exquisite vintage finial and new lampshade.  All of the graphics in this vignette can be found on The Graphic’s Fairy blog, here.  Did I mention that I like graphics:)? 

The lamp graphic was traced on and then applied with a fine-tipped, permanent marker.  Here is a close-up:

lampclose-up

Love this lamp with my sea stars and silver ornaments!

Here is a close-up of the two Christmas pictures…

christmaspict

santapict

I used the old papers application on my Photoshop to give them a more vintage look.  These brand new silver-leafed pictures frames were found at a thrift store with the department store prices still on them.

And…lastly……my “HO HO HO” burlap pillow…

hohohopillow

..leftover burlap from other projects, stencil, laundry marker, and stuffing from an old pillow.  Perfect for the front porch!

I will be joining the following blog parties:

*Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

*Brag Monday at The Graphic’s Fairy

Thank you for stopping by today!  Happy Holidays:)

signature seastar9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you! -Patti