Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Curbside Chair Revisited

On April 10, 2009, I shared a blog posting about a chair I found, curbside, in our little coastal village.  To recap that posting, it had good bones, but that is about it!  I cleaned it up, put new padding and stuffing everywhere, encased it in muslin, and then made a slipcover for it.  Historically, it is a very old chair.  I know this, because the first upholsterer, Charles Smith wrote his name and 1929 on the chair frame.  This is what it looked like after I reworked it in 2009…

curb-side chair[1]

I love this chair:)!  Not only because of its charming historical significance, but to this day…I still love the cute little matelasse fabric slipcover with its fringe that I made for it.  The piece launders like a dream, which is necessary with two little doxies in our lives:)!  But the cushion had lost its ummph! and needed extra stuffing.   Extra matelasse fabric was used up long ago, so I changed the chair with .…

chairrevisited

..new fabric, but  the same fringe that I had on hand.  I love how it came out…especially with the addition of the…

pillow

pillow.  I needed “bling” in the mix, of course:)  Small change-ups such as this and a new wall paint in a beige color has freshened this room up quite nicely!

I will be joining the following blog parties.  Please join us.

-Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed

-Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Thank you for stopping by:)  Have a wonderful week everyone!

signature seastar9

3 comments:

  1. I love your chair and the way you used the fringe-plus I am a sucker for matelasse!I had two chairs slipcovered and trimmed with fringe and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair looks great--and so comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific - I am inspired - love the ruffly design - I have enjoyed my visit and am happy to be your newest follower,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you! -Patti