Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Art

Life has been quite busy around here lately.  But I have, finally, been able to put several new items in almost every section of my shop website…..whew:)!  I am hoping to add more items each week.  Wish me luck:)  I know….it is the holidays:)

And, I have been able to spend time in my studio.  The hours fly by when I am in the midst of creating.  Sometimes, it is hard to tear myself away once I get started:) I am sure many of you can relate to that sentiment.   I thought I would share my most recent art….

thecoastalsmini

…I am calling this piece, “The Coastal S’s.”  It is a mixed-media painting that was just so-o much fun to create!  I had been wanting to paint a sea-inspired signage piece for quite awhile.  The colors I chose for the piece, along with the sailing ship give it that vintage feel that I love.  The signage, I believe, adds that touch of contemporary that makes the piece very versatile in terms of home decor.

And, because it is the holidays,  I had to paint a ……

noelmini

Christmas tree:)  This is also a mixed-media painting that I have entitled, “Noel.”  I love the neutral, subdued color palette that I used for this piece.  And, I couldn’t resist silver-leafing the star.  The night sky background has a very distressed application…much like what I do with my wood and furniture pieces…with so many layers.  It provides the dimension and rusticity that  appeals to me.

I, sincerely, appreciate you stopping by for a visit:)! Have a wonderful week everyone:)

I will be joining the following link parties this week:

*Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed

*Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

signature seastar9

4 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the tree with the star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creations and agree with you when you say time flies : always something which retains me from my studio, but what a pleasure in front of the canvass;
    I came from timewashed and pleased to discover your from France and to follow you.
    xoxo from PARIS in the rain
    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new artwork, glad I popped in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, the tree is so sweet:-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you! -Patti