Friday, October 26, 2012

Decorating Details

In decorating, I enjoy the details:)  Those items that really make a room shine.  Whether it is a vase of heirloom roses that enhance our lives by their presence in our home… even for a short period of time, or more permanent pieces…. that become a part of the architecture of a room that make it unique and timeless.  

I have been enjoying an app that I downloaded on my IPAD several months ago.  A place, just as in magazines, Pinterest, and your blogs…that I can go, peruse every single detail of home and architectural design to satisfy my decorating aficionado personality:)  I am sure many of you have already visited this website www.houzz.com.  If you have not, enjoy:) I warn you, however,  it is habit-forming! 

One of the ideas that I found on Houzz, was this…..

stairwell2

so simple…right?  I purchased the crystal ball from, www.phoenixOrion.com/CrystalBalls.  The holder is, actually, a vintage glass floor protector for furniture legs.  It fit perfectly:)! I love the permanent placement of this piece on my stairwell newel post for several reasons…

stairwell1 copy

It adds an exquisite architectural detail that is unexpected.  It goes perfect with the stairwell chandelier. And,  it provides the most beautiful rainbow effects in this space throughout the day!

No….the websites mentioned aren’t paying me for this…I just love sharing decorating ideas:)

I will be joining the following blog parties.  Please join us.

-Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

-Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed

Have a wonderful week everyone!

signature seastar9

6 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! I have never seen anything like this! It is so cool! Love how it mimics the crystal in the chandy, and adds an architectural element without taking up visual space, since it's clear...love it!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, that is perfection!
    Simply stunning effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply gorgeous! How beautiful.

    How did you permanently attach the sphere to the floor protector, and the floor protector to the post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicollette...thank you for your kind comments and inquiry. I used an industrial strength adhesive called, E6000. This product works well when adhering different surfaces (ie. wood/glass) It can be purchased at Michaels. Thank you for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And just think, you can give readings too!

    Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patti,
    How clever, it is a great statement piece and really catches your eye!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you! -Patti